Washington D.C. is a city filled with crime, corruption, incompetence, and stupidity and the coronavirus pandemic has only made it worse.
How else can you explain D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser implementing a vaccine passport mandate weeks after repealing D.C.’s indoor mask mandate?
Thankfully, Republican firebrand Congressman Matt Gaetz just introduced a bill in Congress that’ll have Lockdown Leftists madder than a whole flock of wet hens.
Mayor Bowser’s order requires people to show proof of vaccination before entering bars, restaurants, gyms, and other indoor public places.
The mayor’s order requires people ages twelve years or older to have at least one shot of the coronavirus vaccine to enter these places of business.
And then starting February 15th, those same individuals will need to have both shots of the coronavirus vaccine.
In her order, Mayor Bowser attempts to justify these extreme measures by saying, “Vaccine requirements have resulted in more persons who were vaccine-hesitant deciding to get vaccinated, thereby protecting themselves, those with whom they come into contact, and helping maintain hospital capacity.”
However, if enacted, Gaetz’s bill (H.R.6382) would nullify the order that established D.C.’s vaccine passport system and any similar orders from Bowser’s office.
Because of D.C.’s home rule arrangement Congress does have the ultimate legislative authority over the city, which does add credibility to what Gaetz is trying to do.
And although Gaetz’s bill is unlikely to pass through the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives, let alone be signed into law by Joe Biden, nineteen Republicans have signed onto the bill as cosponsors.
Regardless, these Members of Congress should be commended for taking a stand against the unscientific mandates issued by elitist government officials, which is why we’ve listed the names of these Republican representatives down below:
- Rep. Greene, Marjorie Taylor [R-GA-14]
- Rep. Rosendale Sr., Matthew M. [R-MT-At Large]
- Rep. Duncan, Jeff [R-SC-3]
- Rep. Gosar, Paul A. [R-AZ-4]
- Rep. Massie, Thomas [R-KY-4]
- Rep. Biggs, Andy [R-AZ-5]
- Rep. Gohmert, Louie [R-TX-1]
- Rep. Clyde, Andrew S. [R-GA-9]
- Rep. Norman, Ralph [R-SC-5]
- Rep. Roy, Chip [R-TX-21]
- Rep. Lesko, Debbie [R-AZ-8]
- Rep. Boebert, Lauren [R-CO-3]
- Rep. Cloud, Michael [R-TX-27]
- Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr. [R-TX-14]
- Rep. Good, Bob [R-VA-5]
- Rep. Gibbs, Bob [R-OH-7]
- Rep. Bishop, Dan [R-NC-9]
- Rep. Brooks, Mo [R-AL-5]
- Rep. Schweikert, David [R-AZ-6]
- Rep. Lamborn, Doug [R-CO-5]
- Rep. Gaetz, Matt [R-FL-1]
- Rep. Jackson, Ronny [R-TX-13]
Stay tuned to Right News Wire for more updates to this ongoing story.